As the outbound Exchange Administrator for the Faculty of Arts, I am pleased to formally direct you to the Exchange Portal for prospective undergraduate Stage 2 students – please click on the link below.
You will find upon entering the portal that there are three ‘quick links’ from the front page that instantly guide you to the following items:
· Faculty of Arts Exchange Handbook – lots of useful information covering items such as bursaries, accommodation, applications forms and our current (although always evolving) partner institutes.
· Partner Institute Information – a full and comprehensive list of our partner institutes as well as email addresses, websites and points of contact.
· Exchange Request Form – this form can be used for initially informing us of your intentions to go on an exchange programme and where exactly you wish to go.
If you click on the ‘menu items’ at the top left of the main page, you will again find the exchange handbook, partner institute information and the request form as well as a:
· FAQ’s page which hopefully answer some of the queries you may have
· Useful contacts page with contact details for your respective programme exchange co-ordinator, the European Officer Anna Wuttke (for Bursary queries) and Mark Turner for accommodation queries.
· Useful Links which direct you items such as the accommodation office portal and student funding unit
Please note – it is of upmost importance that if you decide to undertake the Exchange programme, you discuss this in full with your Programme Exchange Co-ordinator and/or stage/programme co-ordinator in the first instance – if you are not sure who your exchange co-ordinator is, details can be found via the ‘useful contacts’ link.
The partner institutions that we have contracts for are increasing at a fast rate and despite our best efforts the information on the portal may be slightly out of date (although updates will be undertaken at regular points in time), therefore before making a final decision on the location you wish to visit, your exchange co-ordinator may have a more up-to-date list of locations which may be more appealing – equally, if there is a specific location you wish to visit that isn’t on the list please let me know and I will check to see if it is possible to organise.
For all administrative and general enquiries on the exchange process, please do not hesitate to email email@example.com (as on the main Exchange webpage) in the first instance. Equally, we are always looking at improving the webpage so if you have any suggestions as to how to make the website more user friendly or ideas for general improvements, let us know your thoughts through the email link.
The portal has been designed with you the students in mind, we have merely laid the foundations down which you can all now build around. We are looking at the possibility of a forum and a photo blog so when you return from your visits, we can upload your photo’s which the students of today and tomorrow will be able to look through and enjoy.
Our goal is to make the exchange process as user friendly and enjoyable as possible…..whilst of course undertaking some work whilst you are there!!
PLEASE NOTE- The deadline for applications is set at 30th September 2010.
Senior Administrator (Programmes)
Faculty of Arts
Room 701, Floor 7
Roland Levinsky Building
University of Plymouth